Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Blog #15 Dreamsense (ch 52 PC)

I love the idea of "dreamsense" which Wooldridge brings up in chapter 52 of Poem Crazy.  The idea that everything in our dreams appears to represent something part of ourselves is at the same time exhilarating and a bit scary.  She continues on in chapter 53 discussing  being in "poem-drenched state of mind, where poems start coming to me in even in my sleep" and I love this phrase.  The imagery she creates with "poem-drenched state of mind" is one you shared with National Poetry Month and all of our poetry escapades. Both of these chapters have such great word phrases, I hope you jotted a few down in your word pool.  I love the place between awake and asleep and think it is where our mind can be free to create.  So for this week's blog take one of the poems you created or the idea for a poem you created in either chapter 52 or 53 practice polish it and then post it for your blog poem this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment